MPCEE French Bureau wrote:

FG has been installed on an HP desktop back in the office, with no problems. Development is also not my interest, but it has become necessary to use a laptop to run FG. You mention your NVDIA, was it just changing the driver or something more physical?

The video hardware is something that is typically part of the motherboard on a laptop, so it's not something that is possible to change without getting a new laptop. (On a desktop system you can just swap in a new video card.) Nvidia, ATI, trident, etc. are all *hardware* video chipset makers. You need to install the drivers that correspond to your hardware. But on a laptop you are stuck, you can't change video drivers.

You may be able to play many games on your system, but you will have trouble with opengl based applications. Try the x-plane.com demo for another example of an opengl based flight simulator (commercial). I suspect if FlightGear doesn't work for you, then x-plane will not either.

Regards,

Curt.