Hi Paul,

what I find interesting though is that you say:

> and using garageband's musical typing isn't as slow to respond.

So Garageband really has a lower (perceived?) latency than FluidSynth using
Bluetooth headphones, even with FluidSynth's buffers set to minimum? If
that really is the case, maybe there are audio buffer sizes in the OSX
audio framework that you can tweak for low-latency performance?

Cheers,

   Marcus