I've put together a file containing information on the CMap character
sets and encodings in the Adobe-Japan1 and Adobe-Japan2 character
collections.  This file also contains my best guesses at CMap->XLFD
CHARSET_{REGISTRY,ENCODING} mappings.  The file is available at

  http://www.unlambda.com/~james/XFree86/CID-fonts/cmap-xlfd.txt

Please note that the CMap->XLFD names are *best guesses* on my part.
If anyone has suggestions please feel free to mention them here or
mail me personally.

Ken Lunde has some interesting things to say about the
UniJIS/UniJISPro differences.  I'll post an excerpt from his message
to me later.

I'm going to try making a fonts.scale file by hand and see how it
works with the fonts that Ken Lunde has made available, specifically
the Wada* CID-keyed fonts for Japanese.  If things seem to work then
I'll start out on the program to automatically generate fonts.scale
files for CID-keyed fonts.

BTW, apparently the CID-keyed fonts made available by Ken Lunde are
free, and they might be candidates for inclusion in XFree86 at a
future date.  I'm not exactly sure about the copyrights, however.

'james

-- 
James A. Crippen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W
Y = \f.(\x.f(xx)) (\x.f(xx))         |  |\  | Earth, Sol System,
Y(F) = F(Y(F))                        \_,-_/  Milky Way.
_______________________________________________
Fonts mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/fonts

Reply via email to