From: Hitesh Bagchi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 12:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Help in XML Rendering to PostScript

I am using windows NT and I am trying to print the PCL output directly to
the
printer which is a
HP Laser Jet 6P/6MP network printer from my application. Here is my piece of
code :
-----------------------

    FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream("../temp/tTest.pcl");
    Driver driver = new Driver();
    driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PCL);
    driver.addElementMapping("org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping");
    driver.addElementMapping("org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping");
    driver.addPropertyList("org.apache.fop.fo.StandardPropertyListMapping");
    driver.addPropertyList("org.apache.fop.svg.SVGPropertyListMapping");
    driver.setOutputStream(fos);
    driver.buildFOTree(parser, new InputSource(args[0]));
    driver.format();
    driver.render();
-----------------------<<

Now instead of printing to the Test.pcl file I want to send the output
directly
to the HP Laser Jet 6P/6MP
printer on the network.

Thanks,
Hitesh

Art Welch wrote:

> I thought that I had answered a question about direct printing PCL
recently.
> If you will tell me what platform you are using (Windows/Unix) and how you
> are invoking FOP (application or command line). I will try to answer this.
>
> Art

HP)

> > If anyone knows of a way to convert an XML to PS format using a custom
FOP