Thanks for the test.

I'm really not sure how to fix this. I can make it so that the text is
almost in the right position except it is flipped on the horizontal axis
(so you'll have to stand on your head to read it:)

I think the solution is a bit ugly due to the different coordinate systems.

THe font problem is either a problem with FOPs font setup (possibly a
version thing) or something to do with the acrobat viewer. It has no
problem with Acrobat 5.