On Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:20:00 +0200, Keiron Liddle wrote:

>Thanks for the test.
>
>I'm really not sure how to fix this. I can make it so that the text is
>almost in the right position except it is flipped on the horizontal axis
>(so you'll have to stand on your head to read it:)

Keiron,

In my real app the text messages that are running vertically (ie the ones that are at
12 o'clock and 6 o'clock) actually get drawn at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. The idea is
to put labels on either side
of a pie chart or other type of chart.

>I think the solution is a bit ugly due to the different coordinate systems.

I need to apply the transform in order to tell the Graphics2D object to draw the text
running vertically.

>THe font problem is either a problem with FOPs font setup (possibly a
>version thing) or something to do with the acrobat viewer. It has no
>problem with Acrobat 5.

So then Acrobat can draw the text at 45, 135, 225 and 315 degrees? (ie 1:30, 4:30,
7:30, 10:30) I don't see any text at those positions in the textAsShapes=false version.

I will try a later version of FOP and Batik. I'll get the latest stuff from CVS and
try it again today.

Also, I have Acrobat 4.05 coming as an update but Adobe says it will take 4-6 weeks to
get it. I guess I could go get the Acrobat Reader plug-in for v5 and try that.