At 11:51 AM 9/4/01 +0200, Keiron Liddle wrote:
>I think that I haven't explained some things very well. I have all these
>concepts in my head but its a bit difficult to write it in a coherent way,
>I need more pictures. (Reading it several times sounds like a bad sign :)

I read the document through several times this weekend. Last night I was
agonizing trying to write up a response, but I couldn't really think of
anything to say. Because overall I think the doc is in good shape.

One thing I was going to suggest is, and since you mentioned pictures
anyway, is let's take this as a useful working high-level design
description, and convert it into a high-level design doc, complete with
static and dynamic diagrams (UML or whatever). Seems to me that with this
doc we are definitely at the stage where prose has maybe been taken about as
far as it will go.

>One area I am really vague about is columns on pages with spanning and the
>balancing (this time I mean multi column page) process.

Happy to help. :-) I'd prefer to inject my ideas on this when we do up
design diagrams.

I actually did have a bunch of comments and ideas, but I realized that they
were really low-level (detailed) design things, so that can wait.

Regards,
Arved

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)