This question isn't really about FOP, but FO.  I'm writing a reporting system that will transform XML using XSLT into XSL-FO, then use FOP->PDF.  I need to save the XSL-FO files for later "concatenation" with other generated reports.

During the concatenation process, I need to find all the dates throughout the different reports and update them to the current date.  Is there an easy way to mark a <fo:block> as containing a date string?

I tried using the id="date" attribute, but you can't use that multiple times per document.  But I need something similiar to distinguish parts of the document that are related.

Thanks for any help!
Scott