FOP is not permitted to consider it an error, and in fact really should not
even warn about it. See Section 2.2 in the specification: an element from
the XSL namespace (e.g. fo:block) may have an attribute from a non-XSL
namespace, provided that the namespace prefix maps to a non-null URI. The
processor may act on such an attribute provided that it doesn't affect
behaviour otherwise mandated by the spec, and a processor must ignore such
an attribute if it doesn't know what to do with it.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom

At 12:34 PM 10/23/01 -0400, you wrote:
>   That's  a good idea, my only concern is that at some point in the future
>FOP might  consider it an error and not a warning.   Should  I be concerned
>about this?   Scott    -----Original Message-----

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)