"Savino, Matt C" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know this has been discussed here before, but I just wanted to ask in case
> anyone has discovered a solution. Basically I'm etting that problem where IE
> is calling the FOP servelt twice.

It is said this is caused by IE trying to derive the content type
form the URL first, then loading the content, thereby reading the
MIME type supplied by the server, and loading again if it doesn't
match (bad architecture...).

Try to use an URL ending in .pdf, for example
 http://localhost:7001/resultview/ReportGenerator.jsp?counter=25&ext=.pdf

HTH
J.Pietschmann