Thanks for all the ideas. Interstingly, I only get the problem on IE 4.0.
not 4.72 an above. I wonder if Weblogic is doing something behind the scenes
to mitigate the calls. Also strange is that it doesn't seem to happen all
the time. When I get a minute to come up for air I'll sit down and try to
troubleshoot the problem. Our application is for a very limited number of
end users, and we can pretty much tell them to use IE 4.72 and higher. So I
hope I'm ok on this one. I really don't feel like trying to implememnt
Microsoft's Active-X solution.