At 4:48 PM -0400 11/29/01, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
This was already a known thing, and Norman Walsh pointed it out also.

There is simply no point in fixing this until the FOP rewrite emerges.

That's your choice. However, you should realize that this is going to
cause a lot of confusion for many users. It basically condemns FOP to
irrelevance until the rewrite is finished. I'm personally going to
have pull references to FOP out of the online XML Bible chapters and
the next edition of XML in a Nutshell, and switch my own toolchains
over to PassiveTeX. Although this is a small change conceptually, it
is one that affects pretty much *every* XSL-FO document anyone is
ever going to write.

FOP has a large mindshare because it was first and because it is open
source. Leaving this minor change until the rewrite is done is pretty
much going to abandon the competitive advantages FOP has gained by
being first. People will move to PassiveTeX, XEP, Antenna House, and
other products instead. If that's OK with you, then that's your
choice. Just make sure this is in fact what you want to happen.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Writer/Programmer |