Tell me where to look, and I'll take a crack at it.  I ran into this
while trying to use FOP, and switched to the simple-page-master to make
it work.

Thanks
Scott Sanders

-----Original Message-----
From: Arved Sandstrom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] 
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 10:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FOP conformance

And between me and Christian I think we will see to it that this change,
at
least, gets done and is reflected in a maintenance release, which I
suggest
should appear NLT Dec 15.

In other words, I accept your argument (that was never in question).
It's a
resource thing...Keiron and Karen (and some others, such as Peter West)
are
looking at the rewrite, so it's up to the rest of us to do stuff like
this.

AHS
----- Original Message -----
From: "Elliotte Rusty Harold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: FOP conformance


> At 1:19 PM -0400 11/30/01, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
>
>
> >As regards the topic in general, I support Keiron 100%. The entire
point
of
> >the rewrite is that during the process things are in limbo...this was
well
> >understood before, or so I thought.
>
> It was understood. However, there was an implicit assumption that
> XSL-FO was stable enough that FOP 0.20-2 would continue to work as
> well as it ever had.  When XSL 1.0 was released, that assumption
> proved to be false. That's not the fault of anybody here, just life
> on the bleeding edge. As other projects like DocBook start upgrading
> their stylesheets to support the final XSL 1.0 recommendation, then
> FOP stops working where it worked before. This means users need to
> make a decision between supporting the tools that work with XSL 1.0
> and FOP. Nobody here anticipated this.
>
> Note that I am specifically talking about the change from the
> master-name to master-reference attribute, not the various other
> patches that have been submitted to 0.20-2. While useful, those
> patches aren't as important. The master-name/master-reference affects
> all XSL-FO documents, and means that FOP is totally non-functional.
> This is not a case of not supporting this feature in these
> stylesheets or that feature in those stylesheets. FOP will not
> produce any output when presented with an XSL 1.0 stylesheet. It
> cannot be used.
> --
>
> +-----------------------+------------------------+-------------------+
> | Elliotte Rusty Harold | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Writer/Programmer |
> +-----------------------+------------------------+-------------------+
> |          The XML Bible, 2nd Edition (Hungry Minds, 2001)           |
> |              http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/bible2/              |
> |   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764547607/cafeaulaitA/   |
> +----------------------------------+---------------------------------+
> |  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:  http://www.cafeaulait.org/      |
> |  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/     |
> +----------------------------------+---------------------------------+
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to