Hi everybody,
Here is my problem:
I have a document that may have 1 to N pages. I would like to print something on the of the last page. If there is only on page, the last page is also the first.
I tried something like:

<fo:layout-master-set>
 <!-- layout for "normal" pages -->
 <fo:simple-page-master master-name="ordinary"
   <fo:region-body margin-top=".2cm"/>
   <fo:region-after region-name="ordinary_footer" extent="0cm"/>
 </fo:simple-page-master>

 <!-- layout information for the last page which contains a special footer -->
 <fo:simple-page-master master-name="last_page"
   <fo:region-body margin-bottom="9.5cm"/>
   <fo:region-after region-name="last_page_footer" extent="9.5cm"/>
 </fo:simple-page-master>

 <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="contents">
     <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="last" master-name="last_page"/>
     <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="first" master-name="ordinary"/>
     <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="rest" master-name="ordinary" />
 </fo:page-sequence-master >
</fo:layout-master-set>

If the footer doesn't fit on a page according to the body dimension, then I want it on an additional page that will be the last, but then, I want a different layout for the (N-1) previous pages: without any footer.
It doesnt work: I made several tests but it looks like I have the footer on every page instead of the last one only.

Thanx a billion,
Thierry

Hi, Jens In the page masters you can explicitly specify the region-master names also, using the 'region-name' property. It so happens that many people leave these off in examples, and the default values (such as 'xsl-region-start') get assigned. So don't trust examples all the time. :-) Let's say you have one page-master for the first page, and another page-master for the rest of the pages. Give the region-before's different region-names. Then, in your page-sequence, define 2 static-contents for the headers, one of which references one region-name, and the other references the other region-name. They will get appropriately mapped. Hope this helps. Arved Sandstrom