We have different versions of interpretations regarding unicode:

In the xml-file we use unicode (hexadecimal or decimal seems to make no
difference). After passing XALAN some signs  were interpreted
wrong.(viewing in IE 5.0 as filename.fo)
And after passing the FO-process in Tomcat (FOP 20.1) the output of some
more signs was wrong. In fact signs having  been right before now were
wrong too.(viewing in acrobat 5.)

We would realy appreciate if someone could help us handling these
problems!

Thanks Jörg