At 12:59 PM 2/1/02 -0600, you wrote:

> > 2. XSLT is also kinda complicated to use, at least if you have to do
> > complicated formatting...
>So is any other kind of programming language.  The more complex the task,
>the more lines of coded need to achieve the desired results.

Wrong! Look at iText http://www.lowagie.com/iText/ to see how simple their
examples are. They build a complex table with just a few lines of java
codes. Try doing the same with the XML/XSLT/XSL:FO approach and I guarantee
you that the total outcome will be much more both in lines and complexity.
I think to generate PDF with iText is as easy as generating XML from Java.
XSLT is just a complicated language.

But I will take a closer look at our xsl files and see how and if things
could be simplified...

Roland