Laurent Bihanic wrote:
> This application uses a SAX pipeline to apply an XSLT transformation
> (XML -> XSL-FO) and feed it into FOP's Driver directly through its
> ContentHandler.
>
> FOP does not display any error message but the generated PDF file is 2
> KB shorter than when generated from the same FO document read from a
> file and Acrobat Reader complains that "the file is damaged and could
> not be repaired".

No.
I suggest to check your SAX stream first whether all elements are
properly closed. Try to feed it as a SAXSource to an identity XSL
transformation (use TransformerFactory.newInstance().newTransformer()).
The serialized file will be always well-formed (the transformer
closes open elements for you) but you could check for suspicious
omissions at the end.

J.Pietschmann