I see. By the way, I didn't mean to imply that your proposal isn't valid.
I think it is. Would you please be so kind and enter your feature
request in BugZilla, so it doesn't get lost in the depths of the mailing
list archives?

I just wanted to something to this. At Outline we've made a little tool
we use during XSLT/FO development. It still lacks a lot of useful
features and it looks horrible. I'd like to improve this tool one day so
we can include it in the FOP distribution. We can even let it run as a
JNLP application. In this context your proposal needs to be carried out
at some time. But I can't promise that I will be the one doing it.

> > Whenever the PDF that is currently open
> This implies having to generate a PDF first.  I don't want to produce any
> files.  I want to view the results of FOP and be able to print them off.  I
> need to do this over and over again and thought it would be nice to simply
> tell the AWT viewer to "reload" or "regenerate" the report without shutting
> down.

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Tel. +41 41 317 2020 - Fax +41 41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch