Hi Stephen

I've committed the filter to both maintenance and main branches. Your
code seems to work well, but obviously doesn't bring much for color
images because they are currently encoded as a mixed data source
(RGBRGBRGBRG, for example). To profit more from RLE compression we would
have to encode 3 (or 4 for CMYK) separate channels which required some
more work (would result in RRRGGGBBB). But at least for greyscale images
(when only working with PS Level 2) the RLE filter should produce
considerably smaller files. Would you like to have some more fun
implementing a CCITT filter? :-) The PDF renderer could profit from this,
too, I guess. Thanks, anyway!

Jeremias Maerki