Oleg,

Your comment about progress on the awt viewer is good news -
I'm looking forward to trying it out !

Some months ago, we exchanged some notes regarding a problem
in java that leads to a discrepancy in glyph measuring and rendering
between printing and on-screen viewing.  Does your work by any
chance avoid or resolve those problems ?  (For that matter, does your
awt viewer handle printing?)