Ralph LaChance wrote (to Oleg):

> Some months ago, we exchanged some notes regarding a problem
> in java that leads to a discrepancy in glyph measuring and rendering
> between printing and on-screen viewing.  Does your work by any
> chance avoid or resolve those problems ?  (For that matter, does your
> awt viewer handle printing?)

I just went looking in the archives for this discussion & thought I saw
pieces of it, but could not find what I was looking for -- namely, what
theories you guys had proposed / agreed upon. This is related to the font
work that I have started, i.e. I assume that the problem is a difference
between metrics reported/used by the awt Font and those reported from our
parsed metrics files. If it is not too much trouble, do you mind recapping a
brief summary of where the issue stands now? Thanks.

Victor Mote