-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph LaChance [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 9:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Style guide (update)

re TBD section

>>1.  strongy encourage m_ for instance variables, if only to eliminate
      having to qualify similarly named assignments like
             this.variable = variable

2.  suggest s_ for statics and allow ALL_CAPS (underscores tolerated for
this usage only)
      for static final (ie literals)
<<

I think that we've talked about most of these before and decided that the prefix
notation ala m_ and s_ isn't worth it.  Personally, in all the lines of code I've
slung thus far in my life, the issue of "this.variable = variable" hasn't ever come
up, whereas the problem of people's prefixes reducing the ease with which I read code
has.

I do agree with ALL_CAPS for static finals, though.