I've added your proposals to the Wiki page. I'd rather you modified the
page yourself, that's what the Wiki is for. Thanks.

Some comments from me anyway...

On 20.11.2002 15:54:13 Ralph LaChance wrote:
> At 09:15 AM 11/20/02, you wrote:
> >Please
> >review, change and comment.
>

> re TBD section
>
> 1.  strongy encourage m_ for instance variables, if only to eliminate
>       having to qualify similarly named assignments like
>              this.variable = variable

I've added my vote for this to the Wiki. Could all viewers also add
their votes especially in the TBD section? That will help us identify
what is supported and what not. If you don't like any of the other
points also put your vote at the end (Example jm-1).

> 2.  suggest s_ for statics and allow ALL_CAPS (underscores tolerated for
> this usage only)
>       for static final (ie literals)

I'd like to avoid s_ because statics should be eliminated where possible.
We've used statics too much in the past. But I agree on the rest.

> 3.  Sadly I ~don't~ like the Sun style for brace placement, but I guess I
> learned in the
>       Fortran and PL/1 era.  Guess I'm in the minority on that point ;-)

Mmm, yes, I think so. No support from me. :-)

>          if (blahBlah){
>               line ;
>               line
>            } else {
>               line ;
>             line ;
>            }
>          vs
>          if (blahBlah)
>            {
>               line ;
>               line ;
>            }
>          else
>            {
>               line ;
>               line ;
>            }
>
> 4.  I prefer Petzold's convention of placing a space before the terminating
>       semicolon (or even colon)  which I believe he did for readability in
> books,
>       and which I do for readability by my senior, crt-weary, eyes.

I don't like that either.

Jeremias Maerki