JPT et al,

At 01:05 PM 12/10/2002, you wrote:
Sorry to send this to the whole list.
me too ;-)

You should probably report the file name truncation as a bug to Apple.  OS
9 and earlier could only have 31 char file names.  OSX should aleviate
this.  You didn't run stuffit expander under a OS 9 emulator did you?
Actually, I don't think this is a bug in Apple's Mac OS X--it's correctly handling large filenames. I think it's a bug in Stuffit Expander. Mac users use Stuffit Expander to expand files (much like Windows users use WinZip).

I will notify Aladdin Systems RE: this bug.

- Clay Leeds
- Web Developer
- [EMAIL PROTECTED]