Thanks for the quick response. Can this information be added to the release notes and/or readme?

I see that en_GB.xml exists but what's the story on what I would assume would be called en_US.xml (US English hyphenation patterns file)? Does it exist? Is it missing due to licensing issues?

Also, I've searched for filenames & "text" contents in my fop installations (.4 & .5rc2) and I haven't found the hyphenation pattern files. Where are they stored?

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
FOP version 0.20.5rc2 contains the following hyphenation files:

- en_GB.xml: British English
- es.xml: Spanish
- fi.xml: Finnish
- hu.xml: Hungarian
- it.xml: Italian
- pl.xml: Polish

Christian, I'm most uneasy about hu.xml. It's the only one that IMO
doesn't have an explicit statement that the file is in the public domain.
The original (?) file I found contained a notice about free distribution,
but our file doesn't contain a unambiguous reference to the original
file, so I must assume that the copyrights are not entirely clear.
Therefore, I am -1 (veto) on keeping that one for the moment. Does
anyone disagree?
FWIW, I would agree. It should be relatively easy for users to download the hyphenation files (especially if we provide a list with links! ;-). I certainly don't think it's worth the risk to include files with questionable licensing issues.
--
Clay Leeds - [EMAIL PROTECTED]