Konnichiwa.

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 22:32:10 +0100 , J.Pietschmann wrote:

> On a related matter: some time ago someone mentioned the japanese
> hyphenation standard. I was not able to find the document, probably
> all web sites dealing with this are in japanese. Is there anybody
> listening who can help out?

I wrote it in the past.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=102992807207069&w=2

The JIS X 4051 spec is written in Japanese. I don't know whether
there is English version spec, or not.

Certainly, many japanese people wish that FOP will implement it,
but the Japanese Tex hypenation file does not work with current
FOP.

I think that FOP should implements UAX#14(TR14) if possible.
For example, AntennaHouse's XSLFormatter implements UAX#14.

UAX#14, Line Breaking Properties
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr14/
Old discussion related with TR14 in fop-dev is
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&w=2&r=1&s=tr14&q=b

---
Satoshi Ishigami   VIC TOKAI CORPORATION