From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 5:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: PDF Encryption in HEAD

Hi all,
I tried to get PDF encryption into HEAD and failed.
Most of the problem is that PDFXObject no longer has a reference
to the PDFDocument, where the encryption object resides in the patch.
I'm not sure how important this is, the encryption filter is
different from the other filters: it takes the number+generation
of something, however, at some instances it takes the number+gen
from the XObject, at others (ICCStream) from the stream it is
applied. I have not enough knowledge of PDF encryption to sort
this out. Actually, I didn't try the code from the maintentance
branch with an image (hint, hint: need GIF/BMP, JPG with ICC and
EPS to test. Jeremias: this appears to be your speciality...).

Any hints how to proceed?

J.Pietschmann