Hello, Jeremias!
You wrote to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:14:59 +0100:

 JM> In the redesign that should be relatively simple. Can't say offhand
 JM> how difficult this would be in the old FOP. The way to go is to
 JM> implement an extension. See the website and mailing list archives
 JM> for more information.
When the new FOP could be available ? :-)

 >> And by the way,
 >> Almost all renderer have a bug.
 >> Logger is not setting when renderer is creting.

 JM> The code says something else. The Driver.setRenderer() method sets
 JM> the logger. Maybe you didn't set the logger on the Driver before
 JM> calling setRenderer.
fop-0.20.5rc2 - Driver.java,v 1.36.2.9 2002/12/09 00:34:56

Method
public void setRenderer(String rendererClassName)
        try {
            _renderer =
                (Renderer)Class.forName(rendererClassName).newInstance();
            _renderer.setProducer(Version.getVersion());
        } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {

Method
    public void setRenderer(int renderer) throws IllegalArgumentException {

        switch (renderer) {
        case RENDER_PS:
            setRenderer(new org.apache.fop.render.ps.PSRenderer());
            break;

I am reusing the Driver. I did set the Logger before I set the renderer.

---
Yours sincerely, Ivan Latysh.
Ivan[a]yourmail.com