On 7/1/2003 12:35 PM, J.Pietschmann wrote:
This is silly, nobody will start the AWT renderer on a headless
workstation. If you login via a text console and expect a window
to pop up, you have already missed something important.
Well, using the print renderer on a headless station, that's another
thing. But not (yet) a FAQ but any stretch of imagination.

Makes sense. Sorry for the silliness. As for using '-print' headless, some of my clients have attempted to use such a set up. IIRC, we set them up to output to '-ps' and then piped that to the 'lp'. Should we add this "workaround" to the FAQ, or is outputting to '-ps' an option when SVG is one of the inputs? I would guess it's fine, but I haven't tested it.

The list both displayed by usage() as well as on the web site is
complete, with respect to FOP options. It doesn't include the JVM
args, which you have to get from elsewhere, and can't be set through
the command scripts anyway.

Thanks for setting me straight. -- Clay Leeds - [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web Developer - Medata, Inc. - http://www.medata.com PGP Public Key: https://mail.medata.com/pgp/cleeds.asc