I think there's no need to quarrel. If you don't love the product you'd just take
another an won't comment it.
I'm far from understanding FOP deep enough to implement this feature/change (in that
way source is source wether it's open or not and it's not easy to join such a
project), just: if so many people have problems at the same point, perhaps someone of
the "masters of FOP" has the time (and we all know how "expensive" free time is) to
describe how to implement it or tell us if anyone already has implemented it. As fas
as I understood there is a solution for the problem (J. Pietschmann's suggestion) but
the developers have different opinions wether to realize it or not - or am I wrong?

Thomas Sporbeck