ali farahani wrote:

> The out of memory problem of FOP is getting critical for our company .
>
> So this is an offer for a FOP developer who can fix this problem. If
> anyone of you can fix this problem please contact me and we can talk
> about the offer. We are open for the price.

The original thread got corrupted into two different issues. If you are
talking about the issue with tables, Joerg Pietschmann is the one you need
to contact. A link to his email address is at:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/team.html.
I think he does his FOP work after-hours, Central European time (this may
not be the official name of the time zone), so you may need to wait a few
hours to hear from him.

If you are talking about FOP memory use in general, you're talking about a
much bigger issue, and you're really talking about the whole team. I know of
at least four members of the team who would spend more time on FOP if they
could be freed from other duties necessary to make a living, and a couple
who are free-agent types that would probably rearrange their schedules to
help. So potential resources are there. It is difficult to estimate how long
such a project would take, because we have not yet agreed on the design
parameters. I do have a solution rolling around in my mind. My initial,
off-the cuff estimate is that, after design agreement is reached, it would
take one programmer nearly a year to implement the changes needed to meet
that design. Some of the tasks can be parcelled out to more than one
programmer, but with four on the job, I doubt that it gets done more quickly
than four months. So, if you can support 12-16 man-months of programming,
and can wait 4-12 months for the solution, (these estimates may change, but
I am using them as a qualification test), and don't mind contributing the
results to Apache, post another message to that effect, and we'll work a bit
on figuring out how to do this from a business standpoint -- there are a
bunch of issues that would need to be resolved.

Victor Mote