Von: ali farahani [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2003 06:23
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: RE: Is there anybody out there?

Dear Thomas

Here is what happens. I have closely watched the memory usage of FOP:

I have a report with around 17 pages. One table with 12 columns. I use
Velocity to put the data inside the FOP template. When it starts
rendering the report (PDF or print preview) it consumes 50 MB. Second
run another 50MB, third run another 50 MB , then with 256 MB RAM , when
I go for forth run, CRASH BOOM BANG! Out of memeory exception.

My users usually use the report during the day ( 7 hours) 10 to 20
times. So even 512 MB RAM workstations get out of memory easily.

Running it under another JVM is a good idea but as you know it is not
feasible from performance point of view.

Ali