OK ... Thanks.

Is it just that samples that are broken?  I'm just looking for some "embedding FOP sample code" esp. for the Object to PDF.

If this is the case, is there code other places I could look at.  (for example the command line tool "fop.bat")

Thanks,

-Will

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/12/2003 9:45:56 AM >>>
Hi Will

All examples using the Driver.getContentHandler() approach are broken at
the moment. I've managed to fix part of it but there is a remaining
problem I hope we can get rid off soon.

If you're interested in what's going on in the development please subscribe
to fop-dev and fop-cvs (both not very high traffic). You will be able to
track the progress. Obviously, we also appreciate a helping hand.

Thanks for the feedback.

On 12.11.2003 17:35:03 Will Peterson wrote:
> I'm having problems using the "snapshot" builds of FOP.

> In the past I have used FOP 0.20.5, and it worked great! ... I used it
> both from the command line, and by embedding the FOP driver into a
> program I wrote.

> Lately, I have wanted to upgrade to the latest in order to see the
> latest RTF rendering. (Which I know is still in the works)

> At first, I downloaded a snapshot of the latest code and integrated the
> code into my program.  But noticed it didn't work (even w/ just PDF
> rendering).  I also noticed the "embedding" examples don't work.  They
> render PDF files, but the files can't be opened by Adobe Reader. (But
> they work fine in the 0.20.5 release)

> I also tried downloading the CVS build, but had the same problem with
> the examples.

> (I did however, run FOP from the command line successfully)

> I'm just trying to figure out how I can determine if a build is "in a
> good state".  I have tried reading through the bug lists but have had no
> luck in finding the information I need.  I basically want to figure out
> how to do a Obj2PDF example (embedding the code).

Jeremias Maerki