[Glen Mazza]

Thanks, Finn and John Austin, for your efforts here.

It's a pleasure.

Victor, not to rush you, but how agreeable are you in
general on switching to integer enumerations for FOP
properties?  (Given Alt-Design, Peter obviously
approves.)  I checked Alt-Design's PropNames.java[1]
and liked what I saw.  It doesn't necessarily have to
be that particular design, just the idea of integer
constants in general.

For inspiration you can also take a look at some of the same files that I made:

    http://bckfnn-modules.sf.net/Constants.java
    http://bckfnn-modules.sf.net/FOPropertyMapping.java
    http://bckfnn-modules.sf.net/PropSets.java

The PropSets.java file is created from a new .xml file that specifies the element and property structure.

http://bckfnn-modules.sf.net/foelements.xml

Perhaps the information in PropSets.java could also be created from a xsl-fo DTD.

In addition to the performance improvements,
I suggested before we could have some form of

// very rough pseudocode
checkPropertySupported (int property) {
    return isSupported[property];
}

That would be written like this:

boolean checkPropertySupported (int property) {
    return indices[i] != 0;
}

It appears that using int constants gives us more ways
to efficiently work with the data.

I agree.

regards,
finn