I haven't looked at the XSLT code but I have a question
in my mind that I need to answer about it.

I wonder what it is that is being generated and what were
the design alternatives to the codegen implementation.

One question that popped in to my head was:

Is there 'missing polymorphism' here ?

As I said, I only have the question at this time.