I've been doing some updating documentation for my company's product, and
noticed this tidbit on the FOP Fonts page[1] where it discusses PFMReader:

Note
The classpath in the above example has been simplified for readability.
You will have to adjust the classpath to the names of the actual JAR files
in the lib directory. avalon-framework.jar is necessary only for versions
0.20.5 or later. xml-apis.jar, xercesImpl.jar and xalan.jar are not
necessary for JDK version 1.4 or later.

Is this the requirement for the avalon-framework.jar just a requirement if
I'm using PFMReader? (I would think so, since I've never come up with this
before, and I don't think I have avalon-framework.jar installed).

Also, on the subject of minimum JRE, if it is decided to set the minimum
requirements for FOP-1.0 to JRE 1.4.x, might it still be possible to run
FOP under a pre-1.4 JRE with certain frameworks installed (I don't know
what those would be)? If so, would there be documentation for such
contingencies?

Those are a bunch of IFs, but perhaps worth considering...

[1]
http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html
--
Clay Leeds - [EMAIL PROTECTED]