Well, don't worry. Was just kidding there --I meant more: the question was
posed in a 'tricky' way; didn't really know whether I should be answering
'yes' or 'no'.

Where it's a requirement to specify the path to the avalon jar when using
the PFMReader, you don't need to do this when using FOP, so that would make
it: yes. OTOH, as indicated, Avalon is needed for running FOP, so... no,
it's not just a requirement when using the PFMReader (--still following?
;) )

Cheers,

Andreas