Well, I wouldn't stare myself too blind on it for the moment... Could well
be that my suggestion won't work --as it was more based on vague ideas than
on actual experiments (maybe should've tried out first, sorry for that)

> I modified the JAXP example to show the setting of a parameter,
> so FOP users
> will be OK for embedded usage, at least.

Getting this right *was* the more important of the two IMHO. When using
XML/XSLT input via the command-line, one can indeed easily break up the
transformation, supply the params to the XSL processor in question, and run
the resulting FO through FOP.

Thanks for the effort!

Cheers,

Andreas