--- Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I got home late today, so I didn't manage to finish
> everything. I will
> do that tomorrow morning.
>
> Todos:
> - Figure out how best to configure the SimpleLog
> when using static
> loggers in command line apps.

I'll let you start the cogitation here.  ;)

> - Fix examples in examples/embedding

Just done, as well as updated some of the
documentation.  Also tested them.  Feel free of course
to make adjustments as you wish.

> - Fix tests

Done--only one file (BasicDriverTestSuite) needed
changing.  BTW, the subsequent test fails as follows
for this file (the other test files are all OK)--but
it appears unrelated to the logger switch (it may be
something with my machine):

Testcase: testFO2PDFWithConstructorSetupTestcase:
testFO2PDFWithInputSource took 0 sec
        Caused an ERROR
loader constraints violated when linking
org/xml/sax/XMLReader class
java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated
when linking org/xml/sax/XMLReader class
        at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.newSAXParser(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.FOFileHandler.createParser(FOFileHandler.java:91)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.run(Driver.java:655)
        at
org.apache.fop.BasicDriverTestCase.testFO2PDFWithInputSource(BasicDriverTestCase.java:89)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

(over and over again for each test within this file)

> - Update Gump descriptor to include the new
> dependency on JCL. We're
> lucky that we don't get nagged as Batik has a
> compilation problem ATM.

I don't know where this file is.

> On 31.03.2004 08:34:13 Jeremias wrote:
> > I'm busy today but I'll try to do the whole thing
> for the PDF and library code
> > on Thursday evening (CET).
>

> Jeremias Maerki

Thanks for the help.