On 02.04.2004 03:47:16 Glen Mazza wrote:

> --- Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I got home late today, so I didn't manage to finish
> > everything. I will
> > do that tomorrow morning.
> >
> > Todos:

Actually, these todos were rather targeted at myself but I'm glad you
jumped in. THANKS!

> > - Figure out how best to configure the SimpleLog
> > when using static
> > loggers in command line apps.
>
> I'll let you start the cogitation here.  ;)

See my other post.

> > - Fix examples in examples/embedding
>
> Just done, as well as updated some of the
> documentation.  Also tested them.  Feel free of course
> to make adjustments as you wish.

Look fine, thanks!

> > - Fix tests
>
> Done--only one file (BasicDriverTestSuite) needed
> changing.  BTW, the subsequent test fails as follows
> for this file (the other test files are all OK)--but
> it appears unrelated to the logger switch (it may be
> something with my machine):
>
> Testcase: testFO2PDFWithConstructorSetupTestcase:
> testFO2PDFWithInputSource took 0 sec
>       Caused an ERROR
> loader constraints violated when linking
> org/xml/sax/XMLReader class
> java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated
> when linking org/xml/sax/XMLReader class
>       at
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.newSAXParser(Unknown
> Source)
>       at
> org.apache.fop.apps.FOFileHandler.createParser(FOFileHandler.java:91)
>       at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.run(Driver.java:655)
>       at
> org.apache.fop.BasicDriverTestCase.testFO2PDFWithInputSource(BasicDriverTestCase.java:89)
>       at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>
> (over and over again for each test within this file)

Have you got two different versions of Xerces or JAXP in your classpath
maybe?

I've got another one:
org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made to create or
change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to namespaces.
        at org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.checkDOMNSErr(Unknown Source)

I haven't taken the time, though, to track it down, yet.

> > - Update Gump descriptor to include the new
> > dependency on JCL. We're
> > lucky that we don't get nagged as Batik has a
> > compilation problem ATM.
> >

> I don't know where this file is.

Right here:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/gump/project/xml-fop.xml