Victor Mote wrote:

Dear FOP Developers:

Hi Victor - welcome back. I was saddened by your decision to leave FOP.

After considering a return to FOP development, and briefly discussing the
pros and cons with those whom I consider to be the FOP development leaders,
I have decided to partially fork FOP into a sourceforge project called
FOray:
http://foray.sourceforge.net/

Ive taken a look and it all seems to make sense.

The main reason for this is that, at the moment anyway, my development goals
are quite different from those of FOP's development team. It is likely that
my return to FOP development would be a net disruption to the project, which
is not my intent. Instead, my hope is that this vehicle will allow me to
continue to get my real work done and still cooperate with the FOP
development team.

I do understand why you have decided to start FOray. Although modularisation is a nice feature, I dont see it as a key goal for FOP. FOP's primary objective is to achieve a working layout. The main things needed to achieve this are listed here:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/design/layout.html#status

I hope that no one will think that I am recruiting here. I simply thought it
would be rude for you to hear about this some other way. I wish you all
success.

No I dont think that, it is very polite of you to let us know. I cant speak for the team as a whole, but I hope that we will be able to cooperate to a high extent.

Chris