On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 04:34:14PM +0100, Chris Bowditch wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>
> >Sounds like a good exercise for someone like me, to transform those
> >shorthand items into 'longhand'...
>
> My understanding is that thanks to the property work earlier this year by
> Glen, Finn and Simon, that properties are 95% there, including shorthands.
> Admittely I didnt follow their work very closely, so could be wrong about
> this. Im sure Glen will interject and correct me on this if I'm wrong.

That was basic work. The basis of the property subsystem is good,
and shorthands all work, I think. But it is another question which
properties are really implemented w.r.t. their effect on the layout. I
do not think we have a good overview. See Glen's experimental
approach: Transform a set of documents and see what you think is not
right, which is the best we seem to be able to do right now.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.nl