Simon Pepping wrote:

That was basic work. The basis of the property subsystem is good,
and shorthands all work, I think. But it is another question which
properties are really implemented w.r.t. their effect on the layout. I
do not think we have a good overview. See Glen's experimental
approach: Transform a set of documents and see what you think is not
right, which is the best we seem to be able to do right now.

Thanks for the confirmation Simon. Transforming documents and seeing what doesnt work is the approach I have been taking. Currently trying to see why markers dont work properly.

Chris