Jeremias,

I agree with you. Thomas apparently stopped working on it because of licensing issues. For all I know about Batik--next to nothing--perhaps it links with 10-15 libraries, half of which may have incompatible or out-of-date licensing. I have no clue, and I'm not motivated enough to study its code base to find out.

I do know, however, that I don't need the headache of being concerned about it, or the maintenance responsibility for it should something be wrong. I have way too much work on FOP. And see nothing gained by being (1) responsible for a product while (2) not having write access to it. (Even if I did get write access, SVG is not one of my main interests anyway.) Accordingly, I'm taking myself out of this PMC proposal--I don't care to sit on this PMC. But thanks for your offer.

Also, based on your response, I'm going to rescind my three proposals. If you are interested in any of them, please propose yourself, or wait for another team member to propose you.

Thanks,
Glen

Jeremias Maerki wrote:

Yeah, take up some tedious job and end up with even more in your
rucksack. If it has to be I can do the PMC head job but I'd rather have
someone else do that, like Peter, for example. You know how limited my
Apache time budget is, lately. Nowadays I'm simply more an observer than
anything else.

As for the Batik committership idea, I don't think that's a good one. I
don't know the Batik codebase well enough to do any serious testing as
is required when you apply a patch. There's simply too much that can go
wrong. I'd have to find out how the whole testing infrastructure works
etc. etc. Too time-consuming. I'd rather we find ways to revive the
project from within the Batik community.