From: Glen Mazza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 18 October 2004 9:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Difference between 0.20.5 and 1.0 PDF libraries?

Keiron,

Thanks.  Keiron/Jeremias, Jeremias mentioned
"transparency" added in the new library, which is a
1.4 Spec feature (according to an old email from
Keiron that Clay brought out.)

Does this mean that the PDF renderer in HEAD won't
work if you use a 1.3-level Acrobat reader, or it
won't work *only* if you try to use transparency (or
some other 1.4 feature) in a 1.3-level Acrobat reader?
 (i.e., are the parts of the spec that are common in
PDF 1.3 and 1.4 spec defined the same way, so we can
support 1.4 features while someone who wants 1.3
compliance can still have that just by not using any
1.4 features in his FO?)  (Hopefully I'm being clear
here... ;)

Thanks,
Glen