Keiron are more or less right. An example from the "Changes from Version1.3 to1.4" from Adobe:

>Backward Compatibility
>A PDF 1.3 or earlier viewer will ignore all transparency-related parameters, such
>as alpha, soft mask, and blend mode. All graphics objects, including ones defined
>in transparency-group XObjects, will be painted opaquely.

the errors reported by the viewer are a warning message about the version (that can be disabled), and opening documents that uses compression algorithms not supported or encrypt strategies not supported as well (like RC4 with 128bits in version 3.0 of acrobat reader)

GLoureiro

"Gil Loureiro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

19-10-2004 10:04
Please respond to fop-dev