FYI, I've just given myself a shove, followed Bertrand's suggestion and
submitted a session proposal for ApacheCon. I feel that our project
should be present there. I was also thinking about something like
"hidden treasures in the XML Graphics project" but I guess there's not
so much meat on that bone to fill one hour.

On 12.02.2005 10:57:15 Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 8 févr. 05, à 19:29, Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
>
> > Most of you will probably have heard that ApacheCon Europe will be
> > happening in
> > July. I think it would be great if FOP would somehow be visible there.
> > There's a call for participation ending 2005-03-04. Any ideas?
>
> A recurring question in my consulting work is "is FOP fast or what?" or
> more precisely "how to tune XSL-FO for FOP to run efficiently", mostly
> in view of avoiding memory bottlenecks.
>
> Me, I'm not using FOP hands-on enough these days to answer very
> precisely, I usually just tell them to test their performance on large
> documents very regularly during development, to avoid surprises.
>
> But maybe one of you FOP gurus could give a presentation with more
> precise information about this?
>
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> -Bertrand

Jeremias Maerki