Jeremias Maerki wrote:

I would like to suggest that you implement TIFF and PNG output using
Batik's codecs.

Yep, that's the best solution. But please check that Batik's TIFF codec supports all TIFF compressions Sun's codec does. 2 years ago it was sort of limited, particularly wrt fax compressions.

I have the impression that he wants to. There are simply a few issues to
look at. Looking at possible licensing issue I'd suggest Oleg simply
donates his own classes (not the codec) to the FOP project by applying
the Apache license and posting them as a Bugzilla issue.

Ok, I will anyway, just to be at least a bit helpful here :)

--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://blog.tkachenko.com