On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 10:17:17AM -0600, Victor Mote wrote:
> J.Pietschmann wrote:
>
> > Victor Mote wrote:
> > > OK. Thanks. I think we'll leave the existing patterns intact until we
> > > learn
> > > of problems, but start building new ones that have a more clear heritage.
> > > The only way I see to do this right is to start word lists, let users
> > > contribute to them (in small quantities at a time), and build the
> > > hyphenation patterns ourselves. Joerg, do you still have the Java patgen
> > > port mentioned here?:
> > > http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-fop-users/200406.mbox/[EMAIL
> > >  PROTECTED]
> > > And do you have any interest in contributing it? I did not find it here:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~pietsch/
> >
> > Yes, it is still available somewhere.
>
> Putting this together with the unanswered question from my original post, I
> suppose this is intended to be a not-too-subtle insult. I frankly thought it
> would be insulting (not to mention wasteful) *not* to ask about your work in
> this area. And, if you care to ever tell me either in public or private what
> I have done to offend you, I'll be happy to consider whether I owe you an
> apology. For my part, and without intending to slight anyone else, there is
> no FOP developer whom I respect more than you.

I am not sure why you consider this an insult to you. I can imagine
that Jörg is a bit annoyed about the matter because at the time of the
quoted email I did not react very enthousiastically. Obviously I do
not have enough insight in this matter to appreciate Jörg's work
sufficiently, while you, Victor, do. Please, go ahead together and
make it useful for others.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping