On 24.06.2005 10:50:20 richardw wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki writes:
>  > The migration of the xml-fop CVS module to Subversion is completed. The
>  > CVS module is now read-only. All commits need to happen on SVN from now
>  > on.
>  >
>  > Base SVN URL for FOP:
>  > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/
>  >
>  > FOP's trunk is at:
>  > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/
>
>  > If anyone has any problems, just shout! Have fun and hack away!
>
> HELP! (you did say to shout :) )

Louder!

> bash-2.05b$ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/
> xml-fop

The command is ok. It works on my Windows box. I copy/pasted it into my
shell.

> svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> (http://svn.apache.org)

Seems to be a message from the server. Since it worked for me just now,
could you please try again?

> bash-2.05b$ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/
> xml-fop
> svn: Unrecognized URL scheme
> 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk'

HTTPS only works for committers who have a login. You need to use HTTP.

> bash-2.05b$
>
> Can anyone give me a quick pointer as to what's wrong. I've been using
> SVN locally for a month or two now and it works fine, but I can't seem
> to checkout any of the apache modules,

Do you need to use a proxy for HTTP access maybe? If you double-click
the HTTP URL, does the browser open it?